A show about Shaw's journey to accepting himself, accepting change, and that the horrors of middle school are just a fact of life.
MIDNIGHT BABY is a collection of ridiculous (and painfully true) stories from Shaw's adolescence and how they shaped his worldview, and will be available on Shaw's debut album HUMAN MONEY.
- 2021 Halifax Fringe Festival at Bus Stop Theatre
- 2021 Hamilton Fringe Festival - Theatre on Demand
- 2021 Staircase Theatre
- 2021 Harmony House Theatre (with Desert Island Theatre Co.)
- 2021 Kings Playhouse (with Desert Island Theatre Co.)
Charles is a discontent English teacher whose wanderlust is only matched by his deep-seated love for professional wrestling. After a life-altering decision to chase his dream of becoming a pro-wrestler, Charles finally steps out of his comfort zone, and into the great unknown.
- 2015-17 Playwrights Workshop Montreal Young Creator's Unit
- 2017 Island Fringe Festival
- 2017 Alberta Culture Days Wood Buffalo
- 2019 Nextfest Arts & Culture Festival
- 2019 YMM Midnight Madness
- 2019 St. Peter's Courthouse Theatre Summer Season
- 2017 Island Fringe Festival Patron's Pick Award
"Terrific show... highly recommend it." - Dave Stewart, And Yet I Blame Hollywood
"I gladly joined in Shaw's richly deserved standing ovation." - Sean McQuaid, The Buzz
The Wrestling Play
In this hour long comedy presentation, Justin Shaw takes his audience on a mad-cap journey on what it means to let go admit that they have no idea what they are doing, while challenging what it really means to listen and be present with someone in need.
This one-time performance was part of a Spare Change: An Evening of Comedy held on April 4, 2018 at the Keyano Recital Theatre. This event was a fundraiser presented by Some Other Solutions, a mental health and crisis prevention non-profit located in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Funding for this event was made possible by Suncor Energy.